Skip to main content

Minnesota Rapper Leek Reign Creating Buzz In The Twin Cities

 


Minnesota Rapper Malik Hunter stage name Leek Reign also known as Laurent. He’s From South Minneapolis but was raised in Brooklyn NY also my father is from there so he always back and forth. He’s new music catalog has shock Minnesota music scene in just a short period of time. 

Social Media: https://linktr.ee/leekreign

We asked Leek what inspired him to make music ?

His inspiration to make music was the emotion and feeling he got from listening to music and realizing he had the voice and be a voice for people who may not know to express how they feel  but early like 9 or 10 years old. Him and Spaise! figured out how to record using a laptop. He said his music inspirations are Young Thug, Prince, Wayne, The Weeknd. He always have listened to many genres and think that’s what helped him develop his own unique sound.

How was your childhood like growing up ? 

My childhood was overall good my mom did everything she could to provide we lived in apart of SS that was hectic at the time so I was exposed to a lot of shit early on like gangs, drugs and violence. My mom worked a lot so she wasn’t able to always be there so I was outside doin shit I shouldn’t be but I always knew better but some days I had to steal me and Spaise grew up together same building our families been linked back 3 generations type shit so that’s really my brother.

We ask Leek Reign who have he all worked with in the industry ? 

So far I’ve worked with Repo Foxx who is also my brother we got a song out on all platforms named “Again” and he got it fasho. Deja Miquel she’s destined to be the next female rapper who they rave about we did a song out on all platforms called “racer v2”. I’ve worked wit Zodiak. Also me and Zongoso have a song coming on my ep “meet Saint” dropping soon.I’m really tryna jus bring the state together so we can all get on sorta like how FL and ATL musicians pull eachother up.

Comments

Celebrate Spotlight

Minnesota Artists Badside Xavy And Kurry Miyagi Collaboration Making Buzz In St.Paul Minnesota

  Minnesota artists making noise for there self out of the St.Paul music scene. Badside Xavy and his brother Kurry Miyagi are upcoming rappers from St.Paul Minnesota where there manager Rich Yellowboy Carter have set high expectations for his team this year.  Badside Xavy and Kurry have been in the music for that music time as they have already break out records and have peaked on the weekly charts here in Minnesota. Badside Xavy single “Whistle” got the city on buzz and recent reached 56,000 view in under one month of being out. Kurry Miyagi is new to music either as his track record is every impression and has massed over 120,000 view on YouTube today. With hit song like “Saturday Night” feat Badside Xavy at 25,000 view via YouTube,  And his hit single “Example” at 35,000 on YouTube.